Friday, July 11, 2008

Me? A blogger?

I’ve never been a particularly huge fan of Blogs – they seem a little too akin to reality TV for my liking. But the other day I stumbled on a few I really like (my current favourite is Get Rich Slowly) and have become hooked ever since.

Before reading GRS I had only a passing interest in personal finance. To be honest I am one of those pay-check to pay-check type people. Saving is a low priority and whatever is left in my bank account at the end of the month usually goes towards my credit card bill to pay a series of impulse purchases (mostly clothes and accessories but also a few dinners out and other random purchases).

Over the past couple of months I have had a growing dissatisfaction with the way my life is going. Don’t get me wrong; on the most part I am very happy. I’m recently married, have a job that is pretty good (I graduated at the end of last year so still finding my feet career-wise) and no real cause for complaint. But there is just a constant niggling feeling that things could be better. You know how it is – you can always be richer, thinner… happier. The thing is though; I wasn’t actually doing anything to make these things happen.

And so I have decided to start my own Blog. Probably, no one else will be interested but it’s just my way of putting down what I want to do and how I’m going to do it on paper (or at least on computer screen). For some strange reason I feel like if I put in out there then I’m making more of a commitment to change.

Anyway, we’ll see how I go.

No comments: