Monday, July 21, 2008

Really proud of myself today

I know its silly but you've got to recognise small victories.

Today I received a renewal for a magazine subscription in the mail...and I ripped it up. Technically I will only save $40 or so per year on the actual subscription however, the amount I will save by not being tempted into unnecessary purchases - priceless!

On another note, I also made my first donation to my emergency fund. I sold a few things on ebay and when the payments came through I transferred $250 to open my new account. Its nice to see something other than a zero dollar balance in there.

So here's my standing so far:

House deposit $10,000
Emergency Fund $250
Holiday Fund $0
Short Term Savings Fund $0

I know that there are a few small numbers up there but it's a start!!

No comments: